Occupational Health Clinic in Missouri City, Cypress, and Katy TX
Cypress 281-377-8664 | Missouri City 281-407-4580 | Katy 281-346-3090
Excel Urgent Care is committed to providing top quality and prompt medical care to you and your employees. Services we provide are as follows:
1) PHYSICAL EXAMS, PREPLACEMENT AND ROUTINE
Some of the benefits of pre-placement evaluations include:
- Appropriate pairing of the applicant to the occupational requirements of the job.
- Discovery of health condition(s) that may place the safety or health of the applicant or others at risk.
- A basis for determining needs in the area of reasonable accommodation (for example, sensory aids, special work stations, additional devices, relocation of a workstation, and/or special parking).
- A baseline of health status so future measurements can determine whether any workplace exposures have proven detrimental to the employee's health.
- Knowledge of family health problems so counsel (EAP/Employee Assistance Program) can be provided, which can help reduce periods of employee absence, stress, or decreased productivity.
- A basis for relationship with the employee's supervisors regarding potential emergency situations (for example, insulin-dependent diabetes, convulsive disorders).
- Compliance with state or local statutory requirements for certain job categories, such as primary education and health care.
- Measurement of psychological status so proper referral to counseling sources can avert future job-related stress.
2) EVALUATION AND TREATMENT OF WORK RELATED INJURIES MINOR LACERATIONS AND FRACTURES, EYE INJURIES, BACK AND MUSCLE STRAINS
Rather than go to the Emergency Room with its high cost and long wait, why not come to Excel? Your employee's injury can be treated in a cost effective manner with the additional ability to have any accident related testing and review by an MRO certified by the Medical Review Officer Certification Council (MROCC)?
3) DRUG AND ALCOHOL TESTING
The importance of a drug and alcohol policy cannot be understated. Drug testing is an important tool employers use to protect their workers and workplaces from the negative effects of alcohol and other drugs. It is usually done
B. For reasonable suspicion or cause
C. Random or
D. Post accident
DID YOU KNOW?
- Drug abusing employees have 300 percent higher medical costs and benefits that consequently increase health insurance rates. (US Chamber of Commerce)
- Illicit drug users are five times more likely to file a workers' compensation claim. (US Department of Justice)
- Studies show that a substance abuser will function at about 67 percent of their capacity! (National Institute on Drug Addiction)
- Employees using drugs are three times more likely to be late for work and 2.5 times more likely to have absences of eight or more days. Substance abusers have an average absentee rate of 30 to 35 days per year! (US Chamber of Commerce)
- 74% of adults who use illegal drugs are employed.
- 60% of workers who use drugs are employed by small businesses.
- Individuals with alcohol or other drug problems tend to apply and be hired at businesses that don't have drug free workplaces.
- Absenteeism is 66% higher among drug users than individuals who do not use drugs.
- 47% of workplace accidents are drug-related.
- Employee turnover is significantly higher among drug users than among individuals who do not use drugs.
- On average, it costs a business $10,000 a year for each substance abuser on the payroll.
It is the employer's business when drug abuse off the job will affect safety on the job. The employer should have a right to be concerned about an employee's substance abuse "at home", or "the night before" if it may adversely impact on his business production and on his and other's workplace safety "the next day".
Message Sent. Thank you for contacting us. We will be in touch with you shortly.
9:00am - 9:00pm, Every Day